Eliminating Chemicals: Wave 2.0TM in Action
Did you know that a moderately sized* cooling tower, running year-round, will consume nearly 18 million gallons of normally potable water? This water is traditionally treated with toxic chemicals to prevent the accumulation of scale and biofilm, and to reduce corrosion of expensive capital equipment. Each year, such a system will discharge approximately six million gallons of chemical-laden water to the sanitary sewer. This water, and the sewer fees, are saved when that discharge is chemical-free and can be permitted to discharge to ground.
Wave 2.0TM water treatment controls scale, corrosion and bacterial growth without the addition of any chemicals at all – none. Substantial savings in water purchase and discharge costs accompany the knowledge that a facility is contributing to overall sustainability practices.
*1000 tons of cooling capacity at 75% load, 3 Cycles of Concentration, operating year-round.
How we control biological life
Wave 2.0TM provides reliable, consistent Biological Control, often to drinking water standards, without the addition of any chemicals. This dramatic performance, which exceeds that of toxic biocides, uses these two methods:
What this means for you
- Reliable, consistently low heterotrophic plate counts (HPC) are the best guide to a biologically secure system
- The absence of any chemicals allows the discharge water to be re-used for multiple purposes, such as landscaping your facility’s Water Management Plan
- Wave 2.0TM tower water treatment is a solid part of your facility’s Water Management Plan
- 100% of water treatment chemicals are eliminated
- Human occupants and the environment are saved from the risk of chemical exposure
- Wave 2.0TM water treatment is available for LEED points in several categories